Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Corporations F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.Does a corporation need to obtain a Federal Tax Identification Number?

A.Most banks require corporations and limited liability companies to obtain a Federal Employer Tax Identification Number ("EIN Number") as a prerequisite to opening a bank account regardless of whether the company will have employees. The EIN Number is to a corporation, what a Social Security Number is to an individual.

To obtain an EIN Number, you will need to: (1) complete I.R.S. Form SS-4, (2) call the IRS and relay the information on the SS-4 Form to the I.R.S. representative, (3) write down the EIN Number given to you by the IRS, and then (4) fax or mail the completed SS-4 form back to the I.R.S.

Completing the SS-4 form can be tricky, so you may want to employ the services of an attorney or accountant to review your completed SS-4 before you call and submit the information to the IRS.

Corporation, incorporate in California, incorporate a business in California, form a california corporation, incorporate businesses online, california incorporation, california incorporation services, how to incorporate, incorporation forms.

Copyright 1999-2021 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.