Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Corporations F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.How do I change the name of my corporation?

A.To legally change a corporate name, you need to file amended Articles of Incorporation with the Secretary of State. You should also adopt a Board of Director’s resolution approving this action. Unfortunately accomplishing what appears on its face to be a perfunctory act, probably will require the further assistance of an attorney.

Different statutory requirements must be satisfied depending on the status of your corporation (e.g. has the incorporator transferred the corporation to the initial directors, have shares been issued, etc... I recommend your consult with a local corporate-business attorney to ensure all the required statutory "formalities" are followed.

name change, corporate name change, legal name change, change company name, company name change

© Copyright 1999-2023 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.