Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Corporations F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.How do I convert from a C to a S Corporation?

A.It is a common misconception that there is something inherently different between an "C" and an S" corporation. The tags "C" and "S" do not indicate different types of corporations; they merely indicate how the corporation has elected to be taxed. To convert from a "C" to an "S" corporation you do not need to alter and re-file your Articles of Incorporation. You will need to have ALL the shareholders sign a written consent and then have IRS Form 2553 filed with the IRS. I suggest you consult a local attorney to help you prepare the appropriate corporate minutes and your tax advisor to file the forms.

Convert from C Corporation to S Corporation, convert a c-corporation to s-corporation, change c-corporation to s-corporation, change c corporation to s corporation, change to s-corporation, change to s corporation.

Copyright 1999-2024 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.