Q.How can I obtain a copy of my credit report?
A.To get a copy of your credit report, you must provide the following in writing:
- Your Full Name (First Middle and Last, and any maiden name);
- Your Current address;
- Your Previous addresses for the past 5 years;
- Your Daytime telephone number;
- Your Social Security number;
- Your Date of birth;
- A Copy of Driver's license (or utility bill to prove address);
- Signature; and the applicable
- Fee (presently $8)
There are three main credit-reporting agencies. Each has their own report and they do not exchange information. Call each agency before sending this information to be sure they do not need any additional information.
You can write each of the three credit reporting agencies at the following address:
Experian (formerly TRW)
National Consumer Assistance Center
P.O. Box 2104
Allen, TX 75013-2104
Or call 1-800-682-7654.
Trans Union Corporation
National Disclosure Center
P.O. Box 390
Springfield, PA 19064-0390
Or call 1-800-888-4213 or call (800) 916-8800 if you were denied credit recently
Credit Information Services
P.O. Box 105873
Atlanta, GA 30348
Or call 1-800-685-1111.