Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Employment Contracts & Policies F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.What should I do if I have been discriminated against in the workplace?

A.First, make sure you document all of the relevant events and objectionable conduct. Read and follow your company's anti-discrimination and sexual harassment policies and follow them. If there are none, make a complaint to your supervisor. If your supervisor is the offender make a complaint to his or her supervisor.

If you do not get any relief, attempt to file a claim with the Department Of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). An individual who has suffered from illegal discriminatory conduct or harassment, in violation of their rights under the Fair Employment and Housing Act, must file a complaint with the DFEH, generally within one year of the conduct or they may lose their right to pursue legal action for this conduct. Information on, and forms provided by, the DFEH and its complaint process can be found online on the DFEH Website.

Copyright 1999-2019 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.