Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Unemployment Insurance F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.How do I apply for unemployment insurance benefits?

A.You can file for unemployment in California via telephone (1-800-300-5616), online ( ) or in person at a local unemployment office. Your claim should be filed as soon as you are terminated or laid off. To file your claim, you will need your social security card, driver's license or state ID, telephone number, name address and telephone number, wages earned, and period of employer for each employer you worked for in the past 18 months, the date you were terminated or laid off and the reason given as to why you were terminated, and your citizenship status.

After filing your initial claim, the unemployment office may conduct a telephone interview.

If your claim is approved, you are typically required to report to the unemployment office on a regular basis to verify your continued eligibility for benefits.

Copyright 1999-2019 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.