Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Partnerships F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.How do I form a limited partnership?

A.Under Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act, a limited partnership is formed when the Certificate of Limited Partnership (limited partnership agreement) is filed and recorded. Depending on the state in which you reside either bfefore or after the Certificate is filed, you will also be required to draft and enter into a partnership agreement.

Depending on the state in which you reside, the certificate of limited partnership should either be filed at: (a) the office of the county clerk, or couty recorder's office, in which the principal place of business of the limited partnership is located; or (b) the state level, with the Secretary of State (e.g. California).

Copyright 1999-2019 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.