Legal Corner

-List Your Site Here! -- Targeted Advertising For Just Pennies A Day! -Tell A Friend - Bookmark This Page

LegalCornerTM - Accounting & Payroll F.A.Q.'s

Find A Lawyer
Law Area:




Search By:


Q.How do I record an expense incurred in December thats in January?

A.One common question asked by small business people is, How do I record expenses incurred in December that are paid for in January? Under the cash method of accounting, the expense is recorded in January when paid, but under the accrual method of accounting the expense would be recorded in December when incurred. Please remember that for both accounting and bookkepping purposes, credit card transactions are treated as cash transactions.

Copyright 1999-2024 Melissa C. Marsh. All Rights Reserved. All Information on this website is subject to a Disclaimer and Use Agreement. This information is provided as general information only and should not be construed as legal advice. We advise you to seek the advice of competent legal counsel to address your own specific questions, facts and circumstances.